Sunday, August 17, 2014

Windows Update freezes when you install updates in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Since last few days my windows 7 did not shutdown and it was waiting to install windows update for ages. I gave that computer almost 12 hours to complete but it didn't work.  For this moment I don't know how I fixed that but I have done following things to fix that. One of those tries will give exact result you want with you windows.


  • Turn of your computer using power button . ( Kill it :D )
  • Start computer in normal mode.
  • Go to windows update.
  • Try to install updated or check for updates again. This will give you  an error message saying that it is installing some other updates. 
  • If that's the case restart your computer again with power button. once windows displays above error message it will stop installing that crappy update.
  • Then go to windows update and click check for updates.
  • If that work install windows updates and get a backup of your system or create a restore point. 
  • That will make sure if something go wrong on next time you'll be safe.

Again I'm really sorry I couldn't get any photos this time and cant exactly say what fix this problem. So follow above steps and let me know your result.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment