Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Vertual Box windows vertual machines causes windows 10 blue screens



Recently I needed to test IE 9 bug in my workplace. When I tried to launch the virtual machine provided by Microsoft ( Please go to this post to get more details about microsoft internet explorer virtual machines )  but my windows 10 crashed and went to blue screen window.

After few hours of research and googling I found the problem. Its the hyper-v, the very technology that Microsoft introduce to create better virtual  machines.

So I disabled hyper-v and seems to be all good.


Disabling hyper-v


 Method 1 - Turn windows feature off in programs and features.
 Method 2 - Powershell commands


dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

http://www.poweronplatforms.com/enable-disable-hyper-v-windows-10-8/

No comments:

Post a Comment