Thursday, May 3, 2018

How to load image on webview from ms-appdata:///local


I recently updated my  Visual Studio 2015  apache cordova project to visual studio 2017. I had few problems with working with angular js otherwise everything worked in windows 10 environment.

But what I noticed was images from ms-appdata:///local folder couldn't load  to img tags. I tried many ways like row html, dynamic tag creation and add url as a base64 data url.

In base64 solution it worked. But I want to get the file itself  as my app was supporting iOS and Android as well.

So after trying hundred things solutions was simple.  You have to set img-src  option to All ( *  ) Content-Security-Policy meta tag of the html file.

Please check following screen shot. You need to add the part with the read border to load image resources from any location.








Reference URL  if you need to see more options.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Security-Policy/default-src


No comments:

Post a Comment