Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Current package installation is corrupted. Will cleanup and do a fresh installation. ( Apache Cordova Tools for Visual Studio 2015 )


Cause - According to my research of the issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I had well working apache cordova project with Visual Studio 2015 and it worked without any issue for years. Recently I installed Visual Studio 2017 and did some research of creating a cordova project in higher version. I did not have any issue until I installed Visual Studio 2017 Update pack released on 4th of April 2018. After installing the update pack I had following error message whenever I'm trying to build the project. Even if I create a brand new project I had the same issue.

Current package installation is corrupted. Will cleanup and do a fresh installation. 

So the visual studio tried to repair the tools for cordova. If its successfully did that you will not have any issue. But in my case I had so many updated tools  and Visual Studio 2015 kept giving errors while downloading new npm packages. Specially following package.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\ApacheCordovaTools\packages\vs-tac  

I have put the solution in different blog post as these are two separate problems.

Click on following link.

https://guntucomputerhacks.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/package-downloading-problems-apache.html


No comments:

Post a Comment